This document was last updated September 1, 2017
INFORMATION COLLECTION, USE, AND DISCLOSURE
REPOWER America, Inc. may collect both personal and non-personal information through user interaction with the website. An explanation of each type of data that is collected through the website is provided below:
A. Personal Information
Examples of personal information are as follows:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including but not limited to, your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, or website navigation)
- Information relating to any submissions or transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any inquiries or purchases you make of our goods or services (including general inquiries, customer service information, potential pricing information and service quotes, and personal contact information as submitted to the company);
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us or having us contact you to purchase our products and services;
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications, blogs, and/or newsletters;
- Any other information that you choose to send to us
B. Non-Personal Information and “Cookies”:
REPOWER America and its affiliates may collect certain personally non-identifiable information (“Non-Personal Information”). Non-Personal Information is anonymous and does not identify you personally. The Non-Personal Information we collect includes, but is not limited to, domain names of your Internet Service Provider, Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, a record of the website pages that you visit, your approximate geographic location and the time of your visits.
Please note that by using the REPOWER America website, you grant REPOWER America a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, sub-licensable (through multiple users) license to use, reproduce, store, modify, publicly perform, publicly display, distribute and transmit such non-personal information for any purpose, and waive any moral rights and publicity rights in such non-personal information. If visitors send us any comments, suggestions, information, ideas, concepts, knowledge or techniques, REPOWER America and its affiliates are free to use the information worldwide, in perpetuity, without acknowledgement or compensation, for any purpose, including developing, manufacturing or marketing products and/or modifying or improving our web site(s).
C. Non-Personal Information Use:
Your information is stored on our servers located in the United States. We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. Although we do our absolute best to protect your information, no system can be completely secure and there is always a chance that your information will not always remain secure. We assume no liability for any damages you may suffer as a result of interception, alteration or misuse of information should a breach in security occur. Given this fact, you should always take great care in handling and disclosing your personal information.
Because Non-Personal Information cannot be used to personally identify you, we may use such information for any lawful purpose. For example, we may use this data to analyze how visitors are using our website and how to improve the user experience. In addition, we reserve the right to share this Non-Personal Information, which does not personally identify you, with third parties, for any purpose. For example, we may want to report in a press release the number of visitors to our website and their average time spent on the website.
D. Personal Information Use:
- Website. We may use your Personal Information to customize your website experience to your interests and preferences.
- Fulfillment of Requests. If you provide Personal Information as a result of a request, we may use the Personal Information in connection with the reason for which it was provided. For instance, if you make a request via e-mail, we will use the Personal Information to respond to your request.
- Internal Business Purposes. We may also use your Personal Information for our internal business purposes, such as, but not limited to, data analysis, for audits, to help us improve the content and functionality of the website, to better understand our users, to improve our services, to protect against, identify or address fraudulent activities, and provide you with improved customer service, and to generally manage our business.
- Marketing. We may use your Personal Information to contact you in the future for marketing and advertising purposes, including but not limited to, informing you about services or events we believe might be of interest to you, to develop promotional or marketing materials and provide those materials to you, and to display content and advertising on the website that we believe might be of relevance to you.
E. Disclosure of Information
Because Non-Personal Information cannot be used to personally identify you, we may use such information for any lawful purpose. We reserve the right to share this Non-Personal Information which does not personally identify you, with third parties, for any purpose. For example we may want to report in a press release the number of visitors to our website and their average time spent on the website.
Related Third Parties and Affiliates. We may share your Personal Information with our related third parties and/or affiliates for the purpose of serving you. We take reasonable steps to ensure these third parties treat Personal Information in a manner comparable to how we do. We may also disclose your Personal Information if required to do so by law (including, but not limited to, responding to a subpoena or request from law enforcement, court or government agency) or if we believe that such action is necessary to comply with a legal obligation, to protect and defend the rights or property of REPOWER America, Inc., to act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Website or the public, or to protect against legal liability. REPOWER America or its affiliates may also disclose your Personal Information in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the reorganization or sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Finally, REPOWER America may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law; (b) comply with the order of a competent judicial authority in any jurisdiction; (c) comply with legal process served on REPOWER America; (d) protect and defend the rights or property of REPOWER America; or (e) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of REPOWER America products or the public at large.
REPOWER America employs technical precautions and organizational care to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. To ensure security and care of personal information you provide to us, REPOWER America attempts to take utmost care and security to ensure your privacy, as outlined in this notice.
Electronic transactions entered into via the website will be protected by encryption technology and, additionally, all personal information you provide to us is stored on secure password and firewall-protected servers. REPOWER America is committed to protecting your personal information.
The following controls are used by REPOWER America to protect your personal information:
- Use of secure connections using SSL to safeguard information when transmitted from your Web browser to REPOWER America;
- Use of security controls to restrict access to databases housing personally identifying information
- Use of encryption for sensitive personal information, such as credit card numbers and user names;
- Limited employee access to databases containing personal information and confidentiality requirements imposed upon employees who do; and
- Subcontractors bound by contractual, technical and organizational measures.
COMMUNICATION OPT-OUT POLICY OR INFORMATION CORRECTION
Should you choose to no longer receive future communications from us, or should you wish to simply correct information submitted to REPOWER America, you can contact the company via telephone or email as referenced below.
The Website is not intended for the use by individuals under the age of thirteen (13) and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any Personal Information through the Website. If REPOWER America, Inc. determines that it has collected personal information of children under the age of 13, REPOWER America, Inc. will immediately delete such information. We encourage parents and guardians to monitor their child’s use of our website to ensure they are not providing Personal Information.
CONTACT REPOWER AMERICA
Should you have any questions or wish to opt-out of receiving future communications from REPOWER America, please contact one of our customer service representatives at 1-866-676-5279 (Monday-Friday, 8am-5 PM Pacific Time) or email email@example.com
You may also contact our corporate headquarters by writing to:
580 2nd Street, Oakland, CA 94607